Well, rescape is done. I will say, Catching endlers along with hundreds of fry is like trying to grab a greased pig. I managed to get everyone over to the 5g bucket with only a couple fry losses. Pulling the substrate out was pretty easy, although some of the top half of the substrate is still in the tank, it is thoroughly buried, and I will remove it if it comes to the top. the fish are all colored back up and they seem to love the new scape esp. my dwarf neons. I am taking suggestions for a carpet plant now lol. I have medium light at the substrate level, so something that will grow well there would be great.
Anywho, here are the pics of the rescape.
Before the tear down.
all empty, and a bit blurry lol
the plants holding area, I found one single plant that I thought I had removed all of about a year ago, it was growing in a corner of the tank among my green rotala.
Fish's day camp.
start of the rescape
Starting to fill
Figured the amazon sword would look good all filled in back here. Just to be sure things filled in, I also added my Crispus there to.
I filled the tank VERY slowly, I have plastic card pushed into the substrate to help hold the slope, I saw that on the green machine website lol
Rescape done, FTS!
Right side of the tank
Left side of the tank