16K views 72 replies 14 participants last post by  NickAu 
#1 · (Edited)

My 2 foot jungle.
6 Female Bettas

Ph 7.2
Temp 28 c
Water Changes 50% once a week.
Vacuuming of substrate, Never.
Additives, Easy Life Fluid Filter media and Indian almond leaf, I do not use any ferts.
Filter, Sponge.
Aquael EASYHEATER
Aqua One LED Mini Touch LED 6w Touch Clip On,

Video of tank
https://youtu.be/1AcI1yzuVYU

See less See more
#6 ·
#15 ·
Ok so its water change day for the girls.

Now some of you are going to be horrified when you see this, But relax its cool.

Take 1 bucket half fill with water, Take 2 Indian almond leaves crush them and stuff them into a power head filter, then put in bucket of water, after 2 days you get this.

Next siphon out 50% of the water in the tank and refill with the water from the bucket in the above photo. When done add 30 milliliters of Easy Life fluid Filter Media.

This video shows me adding Easy life and how much current there is in the tank, The cloudiness is normal and clears up in a few hours.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22_51OM-Gx8

#19 ·
Hey there Nick,

Personally I'd stick with the old light. The plants look good and everything seems to be in balance. No need to change a good thing and risk major problems. :) With the extra red and blue diodes, the new light would make a bang-up fixture for an emergent growth/terrarium/dsm setup. If you've got a spare small tank laying around an emergent setup with intention of flooding at a later date would be my recommendation. Doing so will give you time to gather the stuff the new setup will need with that light. I'm going to guess that a CO2 setup will be a certainty; that's a lot of light for a small tank.

Regards,
Phil

#24 ·
Obviously your water is as good as Eugene, Oregon's water was. It must have a great combination of Dh and GH hardness elements and iron present. My water here on the coast is practically rain water soft with a bit of tannins, but it grows algae better than plants.:icon_sad:

The upside is my Shrimp always have something to nibble.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.