This is the tank now. I finally got my light back yesterday and I can already tell the plants are happy it's back. Let me know what you think. It's hard to see but there will be a carpet of HC in the front when it grows in.
Thanks Laura! I love the DW too. I went diving and was down almost a hour. I was running low on air and I signaled to my brother that it was time to go up. When I turned to face him I seen it and I motioned that I wanted it. So we put a lift bag on it and brought it up with us. I'm SOOOOO happy I did. It's a big change from the two little pieces that were in there.
Well I'm in LOVE... with my tank that is. I'm planning on getting 5 zebra angels next Saturday so I will update the pics. then. I don't want any laughing when I post the pics. The angles are only babies so they're around 50 cent piece size; which are going to look so out of place in that tank. lmao.
Oh ya I almost forgot!!!! I was up watching my EMPTY tank and was caught by my parents; they think I'm crazy. Anyway my Anubias and some Rotala Colorata were pearling. I was so excited!!!!! My mom and dad were like... What's happening? My short explanation was that when the plants have air bubbles coming off of them it means they're happy. I wasn't going into the real reason...
There is one portion of moss on the branch that is to the right. I plan on putting more on in the future. The black screen on the back is a moss wall, so I intend to wait until that fills in and needs trimming before I add more to the long. I also have one more 1/4 section of the back moss wall to do yet.
Here's one of my new otos cleaning up my Anubias. Sorry for the bad pic quality. But look at what a good job they did on that one leaf. They have only been in the tank one day now and they love it I just hope the survive. I purchased 8 and I'm now down to 5 so wish me luck.
I'll post some pictures when I make the last one. I used regular small suction cups and PET screen used for windows. It's a Polyester screen coated with a PVC material.
I cut the sections at two times the length so they could be folded over. I then lined up the suction cups and folded over the top. Then used a razor blade to cut a small sections just big enough to hold the nipple of the suction cups in the screen. once the whole side was done I folded the side that wasn't done on top so that the nipple of the suction cup was sandwiched between and the actual "suction cup" was exposed on the back side. I then repeated the process with cutting out sections and push the nipple though the screen. It was a tight fit so I had to use the backside of the razor blade to work the screen under neath the nipple so if didn't fall apart in the tank. I then took it apart and put the moss in, put it back together and hung it up.