The Planted Tank Forum banner

A stick and some rocks!

944 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  MtAnimals 
#1 · (Edited)
here's a 20H,I set it up to put an angelfish in,as I have some cardinals coming.The sponge filter will just be there until the HOB gets it's BB going.I've had the sponge filter in my 55 for months,so it ought to take care of cycling.We live in the mountains,and the rocks are from our place,I have piles of them.

the hornwort is temporary,long strands looped under a rock,till I pull stems from other tanks and plant them.The rest of the plants are ones I had floating in other tanks,and the anubias is glued to the driftwood.

substrate is eco-complete,and the roots are from houseplant scraps my wife had in 10 gallon I put away.

Edit: I just put this together from stuff I had,thinking of getting a 24/7 for it,and staying low tech.

comments/critque welcome.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
an update..Well,I put the angelfish in,she was never one of my favorite,because her colors were always washed out unless it was feeding time or she was being aggressive.I raised her from a little one,she was a petsmart angel.For whatever reason,when I put her in here her colors really lit up.

Attachments

#3 ·
Nice looking tank- she looks happy!

#5 ·
well...this is the last time I'll ever use eco-complete.Hornwort is browning and dying off,except for a shoot it sent out that was almost white.I dosed some flourish iron yesterday,it seems to be greening now.The Anubias is showing deficiencies as well,yellowing of leaves,algae on older leaves.The crypt seems to be making it.I dosed micros today,but it's kind of a brown mess in there atm.I'll dose macros tomorrow and see if that makes a difference.

#6 ·
eco complete? more like eco-disaster! lol,brown algae all over,green on the glass,nerites spend all thier time in the gravel.plants with chlorosis...so,today I began dosing ferts after a 50% water change.we'll see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.