Thatgmc's Mr. Aqua 12g Long "Smokey Oolong Mountain" - Page 6 - The Planted Tank Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 11:04 AM
Planted Member
[QUOTE=thatgmc;1158296]I am going to take one bulb out today to see if that helps. We have near identical setups ^__^ Are you still using DIY co2?

No i am now using pressurized co2. I manually removed like a softball amount of claudo algae the other day. I am still waiting on my metricide-14. Chemical warfare here i come!

Let me know if taking out a bulb helps anything? From what i have heard HC can take all the light you can give it.

Sponsored Links
post #77 of 82 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 06:42 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member
Kinda sad but i never took photos at it's prime. I can say that it completely grew in and was about 1inch thick of HC. I added CO2 and am in the process of changing the entire HC patch into a giant patch of e. Belem that i got from CL. Pictures after wednesday midterm...
post #78 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 06:12 AM
I see LEDs
You can continue to use your light and not have to lift it if you just put some window mesh over the light to block it out. I used the 1mm mesh netting you'd use for window screen and taped it to the splash shield. It cut the lighting by a lot. I don't have a PAR meter but Hoppy said it'd cut something like 30-40%. This in conjunction with using just 1 bulb and you should have the right amount of light for this shallow tank
post #79 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 06:21 AM
Planted Tank Guru
Originally Posted by thatgmc View Post
With so much light I have been considering turning it into a hard SPS reef tank. I might just sell the light and buy a T5NO fixture
Another option is to hang a foot from the tank like Hyzer did.
post #80 of 82 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 07:32 AM
Algae Grower
looks amazing. Very very encouraging! BTW Where did you buy the Seiryu Stones from?
post #81 of 82 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 04:58 AM
Planted Tank Guru
Originally Posted by brt_p View Post
IMHO, something is wrong with ur rock arrangement... dunno what..
I think it is the fact that the focal point is in the middle. [FONT=verdana]Focal point in the middle keeps your eyes wandering left and right. By placing it slightly off center, you are effectively gently guiding the viewer's eyes (Golden Rule Ratio). Perhaps a taller rock on the right would help with that.
post #82 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 08:20 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
Very nice tank man, love it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode