Roastbird's 20 gallon long tank - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By roastbird

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Roastbird's 20 gallon long tank

The tank was first set up in Nov 23rd. My previous thread may have the photo for my old fish tank. Becuase of the inefficacy of lighting for the old 30-gallon tall tank, I switched my tank to a 20-gallon long tank. The tank is set up in my school office.

It is pretty unfortunate that I have lost all my photos when I set up my tank. So I can only show you how the tank looks like currently. I have complete my cycle during last few weeks and now I have added fishes into the tank.

Here some basics
Tank: 20-gallon long Aquarium
Filter: ZooMed 511 30 gallon Canister filter
Light: National geographic freshwater led light for 24 inch
Heater: Aqueon Preset Heater 150W
Substrate: Eco-complete black

I've currently got:
Jave Fern(of course..), tied on a rock and placed under a driftwood.
Hydrocotyle tripartita, just a small bunch in the middle of the tank.
Staurogyne repens
Pygmy Chain Sword
Dwarf hair grass, a large amount of them dead during the first month. I kind of giving up growing them already. I only have on large bunch left in my tank currently
mystery red leave plant, I suspect them to be Rosaefolia, but I'm not really sure about this, please let me know if you have any idea.
Java moss, I have plenty of java moss at home, I can provide free java moss for whoever want to start a tank with them.

The current list of fishes are following:

6 white skirt tetra
2 chocolate dwarf gourami
3 ammonia shrimp

Edit: guess I lost my photos
Maclyri likes this.

Last edited by roastbird; 01-29-2017 at 08:47 PM. Reason: photo lost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Talking Updating on Jan 29th

2 Weeks has passed, I've lost one of the chocolate gouramis since it doesn't eat anything I fed into the tank. I try all kinds of food but I never saw it eats until yesterday I found it died in the tank.

So Here is the updated fish list since two weeks ago:

6 white tetras
3 amano shrimps
1 dwarf puffer fish(female)
1 chocolate gourami
1 blue neon goby

The new dwarf puffer fish is amazing. It only eats live snails for now(try to train it to accept other food source), I purchased hundreds of pond snails and keep them in a separate tank. I throw 2-3 snails depends on size into the tank every day, and clean up the empty shells by the end of the day. It's really fun to see the puffer fish hunting.

All fishes had their own territory, and live together peacefully so far. (I was worried about puffer fish being aggressive when I purchased the fish) I ran out of my test paper and I was so poor to have another for now. I hope nothing would change until I got my next pay.

I lost my last two photos on my upload server somehow, here is the updated fish tank since 2 weeks ago

Here is what you can see from the front

Here is what you can see from the side(see the goby in the corner?)

A quick view of my baby dwarf puffer:

and some plants:

I wish I can got a new camera soon

Tags
20 gallon long

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode