Hi from Oz! After lurking here for a couple months looking for ideas and concepts, I thought it was time to share my new aquarium project. New carpet meant pulling down and moving the old set-up so I thought I would take the opportunity to refurbish.
Please feel free to comment, happy to accept any advice or suggestions as I progress on the build there are still a lot of things to decide!
Equipment collected (or dusted off) to date:
- Custom 36 wide x 14deep x 30 tall, 10mm glass, 2 x 25mm bulkheads in base - 250L/65Gal
- DIY Stand and hood built last Christmas (want to replace with DIY ADA style next summer!)
- Lighting: 120w LED Light, 18w LED Blue Moonlight
- Filtration: 2 x Fluval 405. 2 x powermen lily outflow pipes, 1 x DIY spray bar
- Substrate: ADA Amazonia standard combination for 3ft tank
- CO2: Pressurized on a Weirpro pH controller, thru an Up Aqua atomizer
- Heating: 300w Hydor inline heater
- Ferts: Combination of ADA and Seachem. Move to EI when run out.
- UV Sterilizer: Pond One 18w
- Plumbing: lots of PVC - mostly under tank.
- Background - 3mm thick black perspex
Some thing just arnt easily available in Australia, so i have to make do with some things.
- HC (never tried a carpet plant before)
- Peppermint Bristlenose
- tba Discus/Angels/GBRs?