30G Dutch Style Tank

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  BettaBettas 
#1 ·
Hi all. I'm still kind of new to this hobby
I have a mr aqua 12G long low tech tank not so long ago
this is going to be my 2nd plant tank.

Equipment.
Marineland maxi-jet 600 pump
Fish Tank: old DIY Fish Tank 24x18x17" 2" built in filter in the back(used to use for salt water fish, not sure the filter work with fresh water tank or not. because it design for salt water fish)
Filter Media:Filter sponge. and Bio Rings and lava rock.
Co2: 20LB co2 with dual stage regulator
Difuser: glass difuser
Light: 2x 20w flood light.
Heater: Odyssea heatpro 200
Fert: Osmocote Plus Root Tab(I never use this before. do I have to take the old one out when I replace the new one?)
API Stress Coat
API Stress Zyme
Substrate: 40LB Eco Complete
Seachem Excel

Plants
Alternanthera reineckii "Mini"
Ambulia
Ammania gracilis
Ammannia Senegalensis
Cabomba Furcata
Didlipis diandra
Ludwigia ovalis
Luwigia "Super red Mini"
Rotala macrandra
Rotala Wallichii
Utricularia gramminifolia
Hydrocotyle tripartita "Japan"
HYGROPHILA POLYSPERMA 'SUNSET'
Dwarf Sagittaria Subulata
rotala rotundifolia
Hygrophila Pinnatifida
Java Moss
Crypt Wendtii Brown
Crypt Wendtii Green

everything is ready. just waiting the plants to arrive. once it arrive I can start.
I'll keep updating when they came.
so here's my draft
sorry for the poor picture. draw it with pencil.
please advice me I new to scape. thank you.

See less See more
#5 ·
they charge 40% restocking fee to return.
If I have choice again.
I rather pay little bit more to buy at [Ebay Link Removed] bought so many plants from ebay never have any issue.

Bump: Im so glad that some plants they run out of stock and issue partial refund to me.
otherwise I lost more $

#6 ·
The for sale section here can be a great place to buy plants. I've done so a number of times with no issues.

I can only read some of your diagram but I think it looks ok. So you're wanting to do dutch style (plants only)?

Just remember the general rule of tall plants in the back, short up front, with a gradient in between. And with the stem plants, don't be afraid to give them an aggressive trim after they've grown in. Then you an fill in any gaps with the tops or even replace the ratty old bottoms with the fresh trimmings so it's filled in nicer. With the taller tank, the bottom leaves may fall off if the plants are too close together cause they aren't getting light, so often replacing the bottoms with fresh cut tops is the way to get around this (aside from planting a little more sparsely of course, giving space for light to get through).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.