After having whipped the CO2 back into shape everything has recovered nicely. I moved some stellatus over to the right side and some erectum over to the left behind the stellatus. I've also added some P. yatabeanus to the left side. The rotala looks pretty rough after a major trim last week. I cut it down to about 3 inches in height which removed most of the nice green growth and left me with bare stems and a whole lot of roots showing. The idea is to have it as a nice low bush. I replaced the sunset hygro with S. porto velho and it's not the fastest grower so it's still filling in and has quite a way to go but CO2 is back where it belongs so all is good again other than my photography skills .
Here's a pic more like Sara requested that shows the stand a bit more. It looks like I only have 5 fish but there are around 20 or more tetras and 4 oto's in there. They just seem to disappear whenever the camera comes out. If it looked like food they'd all be pressed against the glass. No we don't have pink walls, lol, the color in the pic is way off.
It's been almost a month and a half- time for a new pic!
I'll be doing a minor rescape today using the driftwood I purchased from D.S. Drifter ( check out his thread over in SnS if you're looking for driftwood ) so there may be a pic coming...or not, lol. It all depends on how it turns out. I'm going for a more filled in look so I've been letting things grow in a bit and picked up a few more plants here in SnS.
Seven hours later and I'm done. I feel like I've worked all day. I'm not sure I have a "more filled in look" but I think I'm happy with it anyway. I have the HOT Magnum with some DE running to help clear it up and I'll probably get a pic on later tonight or more like tomorrow afternoon.
Well, for better or worse, here's a pic of the redo. Of course, it needs to fill in some but I really like the driftwood and, as you can see, I've wrapped some moss around it so we'll see how it does. I also attached a needle leaf java fern and some bolbitis to the wood and spread the lobelia out some kind of following the contour of the driftwood. Other than that it's pretty much the same.