In case anyone wonders what happens when CO2 becomes an issue here's an answer.
Tank on May 4 - CO2 and flow are good
And today - a result of poor flow and poor CO2 distribution
P stellatus is stunted terribly and the rest of the plants don't look as healthy as they have. I'd post a closer view but it's too heartbreaking, lol. The sunset hygro that was in the center of the tank had gotten so thick that it was blocking the flow to the plants behind it. The plants on the right side were pretty much unaffected. It's kinda funny how localized the stunting was. I have a dropchecker on the back left wall that used to be almost yellow after 4 hours into the photoperiod. For the last couple of weeks it was doing well to get past dark green.
So, the hygro is gone which is fine since I was getting tired of having to trim so much of it every week. I've replaced it with Stauro porto velho. I think I'll like the green as opposed to the pink of the hygro and maybe it will be more manageable. I've also spread the dwarf lobelia out a bit. I'm still going for that Dutchish sorta kinda look. Now just waiting for everything to bounce back.
I also did away with the reactor to see if I can get a bit more flow out of one of the Fluvals. I'm injecting CO2 into the filter now, gonna see how that does. I have an old AquaMedic reducing tee from one of my past experiments so I placed it inline right at the siphon tube for the outflow. My thinking is the bubbles will be even smaller by the time they make it to the filter. This is my first day trying it so far so good. The dropchecker seems to be changing color fairly quickly, of course getting rid of the hygro probably has just as much to do with that and I've only noticed one 5 second burp from the filter so far. Here's a bit of a pic of the tee on the outflow. If you look carefully you can even see some BBA I've had pop up in the last couple of weeks.