I gave a huge sigh of relief as I saw the tank still holding water and the filter still pumping out water
. The filter was sucking in air as the water level was too low, but luckily I installed a bleed off tube for any air stuck in the CO2 reactor so that prevented major mechanical problems.
Not in the prettiest state, but after 3 hours of hard work after the first day of the 2nd semester it became quite clean
. Lots of Anubias leaves needed to be trimmed since they got taken over by the GSA that were EVERYWHERE. My neck, back, and arms are still sore from scrubbing
; they were harder to remove than bathroom water stains...
Ignore the giant ball of java fern floating in the middle, and yes I will put a new fern on the top-left driftwood nook. It became way to big and blocked out all the light underneath. There will be many changes going on for the next few weeks as I reconsider the aquascape. I picked up some hygrophila (most likely polysperma) and ludwigia repens, along with some other water weeds, from a trip to Rainbow Springs. Once I get them to grow emersed, as that will reduce any possiblities of foreign stuff, I might incorporate them into the stem background.
I also discovered that some of the terrestrial moss that I collected grew into a huge mass underwater. It has branching similar to Christmas moss, and I tied it to some of the wood to see if it's growth pattern can be used for scaping. Very happy to have this unplanned element
3 HOURS AFTER