The Planted Tank Forum banner

My 90g planted journal - DSLR - Updated 5/29/10 - Tank progress since 4/17/10 pics

9K views 42 replies 14 participants last post by  BMueller777 
#1 ·
Just wanted to start a journal as far as the development of my 90g goes. This is considered a low light tank, seeing that there I'm running only about 180watts over a 90g (standard size)

Here's a video of the tank as it is now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC4Vfs4alAo

Lighting: Corelife 2x65 + Hagen Glo T5 HO 1x54 (I'm going for the amano lighting setup)
CO2: N/A
Ferts: Flourish, Flourish Potassium, Flourish Root tabs
Water Changes: 2x weekly
Filtration: AC110, Emp400 (temp until my Eheim 2217 gets here this week)
Temp: 78-80

FTS

INHABITANTS

Comments welcome.

See less See more
#8 ·
So dslr, is that what you use to take pictures?
Youre angels look amazing.

and about the light i might be wrong, but check out this link
http://www.fitchfamily.com/lighting.html
Yes it is, I've been trying to get better with my fish photography...

I'll check and read the link now. Thanks for the info!

The angels, hopefully they look that good from eating plankton, brine shrimp, bloodworms all day 2 x a day and 2 x a week water changes...

Trying to get them BIGGER! :D

Thank you for the compliment on the angels :)

#10 ·
btw, which camera and lenses are you using?
I sold my camera, but my gf got mad at me since i forgot her graduation was coming soon and she wanted me to take pictures of it, long story short i found a good deal and bought a used Sony a300 DSLR and wanted to know if its capable of taking great pictures like yours.

#12 ·
That looks great! Wether you have high or low lighting also depends of what type of light you have. If you had 180w of T5HO light, you would have an algae filled glass container. If you have 180w of T8 lighting, you have a medium lighting.
Jake

#19 ·
Thank you so much, I love them too. I have no idea how many, but I know when I first put them in there they weren't getting along for the first day....

Next day they started getting along.... I don't think I'm going to push it with more, I'm happy that 3 full size angels are getting along right now.

I've seen discus in 90's definitely. Just gotta keep up on the water changes with discus'.... daily...

#24 ·
Discus are not that that hard to keep up with. I had one and only did water changes weekly with really hard water. I had to sell my tank and gave him away, but he was happy and always begged for food.

I think the rule for discus is 1 for every ten gallons Minimum. Might be the same for angels, im no expert. :p

#42 ·

My new additions as of today are 4 roseline sharks. Got them for 17 each, price WAS 25$ each but I got them down to 17 each. Not bad for them around these parts. Really beautiful fish, and they school nicely.
I'm trying to work out what these guys are - from what I can determine, they appear to be a Gold Pencil Fish? I'd love some, but need to work out what they are to track some down through my supplier... Also assuming I can get them in Australia....

EDIT: Roseline Shark/Torpedo Barb.... Any Aussies know where I can get some?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.