Dlouly76 - 120P - The Planted Tank Forum

1Likes
  • 1 Post By dlouly76

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Dlouly76 - 120P

Just started a new tank and finally got plants and got it running. I had a first bought some plants but they melted. Hopefully these come through this time as I have co2 up and the main filteration going. Cycling tank now. Just seeded the tank with some media I left out in my koi pond. Hoping for a fast cycling of the tank!

IUnknown likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 03:21 PM
Algae Grower

Nice tank, nice hardscape, nice setup. Will look great when filled in. What lights are you using? What kind of plants do you plan to put in there? Are you fertilizing?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

So these are the plants put in there:

Staurogyne repens
Ludwigia arcuata
Limnophila hippuridoides
Ludwigia "Super red Mini"

I am fertilizing with dry macro and micro from Planted Aquarium Fertilizer - Home. Im still learning so I am trying to figure this all out. I am going to really try to stay on top of this tank and see where it goes. I plan to find some UG to plant in the middle foreground.

The Lighting is a Build My LED Dutch MC series- Variable control its connected to a Neptune Apex controller.
Its one that I had purchased months ago for a tank that I didnt really get to start. Its 60" so its 12" too long for my 120P. I am trying to sell it so I can get new LEDS.

Last edited by dlouly76; 07-21-2016 at 06:22 PM. Reason: added lighting information
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 05:50 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlouly76 View Post
So these are the plants put in there:

Staurogyne repens
Ludwigia arcuata
Limnophila hippuridoides
Ludwigia "Super red Mini"

I am fertilizing with dry macro and micro from Planted Aquarium Fertilizer - Home. Im still learning so I am trying to figure this all out. I am going to really try to stay on top of this tank and see where it goes. I plan to find some UG to plant in the middle foreground.
Do you have a plan about the lighting schedule ?
how many bubble per second for you CO 2 ?
and do you have any fish in it ?
Just try to help. ;-)
Bunny

PS. When you have time, you can use some ruler and straight those soil edge to be even from the front will give you a more neatly look.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Hi Crazy Bunny

Yeah 4 hours on 7 hours off then 4 hours on. This allows me to enjoy my tank when I am actually home.
C02 scheduled to turn on 1 hr before lights on and 1 hr before lights off.B
Bubble per second I am leaving at 3 BPS for now might up it depending on my indicators. Will have to monitor it and adjust. I may have to mess around with my C02 reactor a bit.

No fish yet. Not gonna get any until full cycled.

LOL - yes I know I will tidy the substrate out a bit. I just got it up running with final filtration system late last night. I will do the clean up of the nick-nacks tonight after work! :-P The substrate got messed up while I filled the tank up. Used a colander but still got some movement.

Update 07/22/2016
- Added some Utricularia graminifolia

Last edited by dlouly76; 07-23-2016 at 06:37 PM. Reason: added update
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 02:31 AM
Algae Grower

I like it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode