Shadow's 32g ADA rimless tank "Passion" update:Finally planted with pics - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 629 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 01:21 AM
Anti iwagumi

Wow thats a lot of equipment, nice start already and the 40 looks pretty great! I have a feeling this 91L is gonna look pretty nice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 629 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 01:35 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Thanks.Time will only tell . l plan to make it a nice looking low light tank.

----gauny----
48g rimless "passion"
"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" -pericles

post #33 of 629 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 04:49 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

l just tracked the tank and supposedly it should come on monday. Now the fun part... What excuse am l going to use to tell my boss l can't make it?

----gauny----
48g rimless "passion"
"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" -pericles

post #34 of 629 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Sponsor

post #35 of 629 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Planted Tank Guru

THis is looking great.
post #36 of 629 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Wannabe Guru

Send a message via AIM to VadimShevchuk Send a message via Skype™ to VadimShevchuk
excuse "sick day" I enjoy GLA products.
post #37 of 629 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Leaf Aquariums View Post
Its the weekend you know, anything can happen!
True True but this time the old "my dog ate my tank" isn't going to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrophyte View Post
THis is looking great.
Thanks hydro, likewise on your riparium. Everytime l look at it, it makes me wanna build a mini one

Quote:
Originally Posted by VadimShevchuk View Post
excuse "sick day" I enjoy GLA products.
Yea that's most likely what i'm going for

l gotta thank orlando for his patience and helpfullness while l was ordering this tank. l know not all business operate the way he does but i'm glad he's not like the rest and takes pride in running gla. l advise anybody looking to buy a rimless tank to go with gla!

----gauny----
48g rimless "passion"

post #38 of 629 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

So l just talked to the company and i'll be able to re-schedule it on tuesday so l'll be able to work. How else am l supposed to pay for the g3 if i don't work? .

----gauny----
48g rimless "passion"

post #39 of 629 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

testing around with hardscape materials

So l was messing around since l had alot of time to kill today and got my mat set with the pine wood set on the bottom.

You can see it's off by about 2-3 inches but now it's solid

everything is supported

mat laid

messing around with the manzanita without flash

with flash by the way the blue tape was to hold the branches

Tomorow l shall experiment more trying to get that perfect touch to it.

----gauny----
48g rimless "passion"

post #40 of 629 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Well in the meantime l guess l'll show you guys more of the aquascapes that inspired me and a better look at what i'm aiming to design

my favorite scape

----gauny----
48g rimless "passion"

post #41 of 629 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

experimenting with the look of substrates

l was mixing the substrates around and wow was l impressed check them out for yourself:

carib sea rio grande

ada nile sand

caribsea rio grande with mexican beach pebbles

ada nile sand with mexican beach pebbles

ada az ll with mexican beach pebbles

caribsea rio grande with ada nile sand (dry)

def my favorite look so far--caribsea rio grande with ada nile sand (wet) such a natural look like from a river.

and the not so great ada ll, rio grande, with nile sand. For some reason l don't find it appealing. l guess the black doesn't really go well imo.

----gauny----
48g rimless "passion"

post #42 of 629 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 09:12 PM
Planted Tank Guru

This is an excellent journal.

Nice work with testing out those gravels.
post #43 of 629 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Wannabe Guru

Excellent journal, can't wait to see this one develop with water. And well, a tank.

Now don't get me wrong, I love java fern, and the lace variety especially. I think the frayed ends give the tank an illusion of being larger. But are you not going to use bolbitis? Just curious, as your inspirational tanks made heavy use of it. It was one of my favorite plants as well. Reason being the leaves get translucent green, so the light shines through them casting an eerie green shadow down on to the tank. It definitely adds mood to the tank.
post #44 of 629 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 09:27 PM
CL
C-A-T-S

Cool. I can't wait to see this journal progress.

post #45 of 629 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrophyte View Post
This is an excellent journal.

Nice work with testing out those gravels.
Thanks again hydro. l thought i'd take some pictures and show ya since we were discussing that earlier. l figure that's the best way to figure out what you actually like and don't like....experimenting. l was told by craig that eventually they'll mix in all together (that was my guess too but i'll do my best to avoid that) but l wanted to know what it would look like if they did so l went ahead and did this. l'm still figuring out the gravel configuration. i'll do more experimenting when i finally have the tank and better view of how it will all come together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototyp3 View Post
Excellent journal, can't wait to see this one develop with water. And well, a tank.

Now don't get me wrong, I love java fern, and the lace variety especially. I think the frayed ends give the tank an illusion of being larger. But are you not going to use bolbitis? Just curious, as your inspirational tanks made heavy use of it. It was one of my favorite plants as well. Reason being the leaves get translucent green, so the light shines through them casting an eerie green shadow down on to the tank. It definitely adds mood to the tank.
l didn't know about that plant until l googled it just now lol. Now l must make it an addition to the tank. l was wondering what that plant was called but l guess you solved that problem and yes l agree on the green shadow, that's what l want in the tank and just makes it look so real like in nature. Then by adding let's say some neon/cardinal tetras the look intensifies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL View Post
Cool. I can't wait to see this journal progress.
Thanks Cl you need to update on your journal as well you've been slacking off... oh by the way l hate you for having so much anubias petite, over at my lfs they're selling half a handfull for like 25$ : / sooo not cool and they're sold out at aquariumplants.com.

----gauny----
48g rimless "passion"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode