I'm pretty good with my hands, so I decided to delve into some SERIOUS trimming and de-rooting.
I did some hairgrass control and removed a piece of driftwood to expand my HC carpet on the right. I cut and replanted some, and removed some roots that just got a bit messy.
I've come to realize that the carpet is one thing, and weeds are another. I want to have an aquascape that is neat and clean in every way. I must say there is at least another two weeks of work to be done before this tank is looking the way I want it.
The challenge is coming up with an entirely new concept rather than copying an old one. I could easily go ahead and copy one of the more successful compositions, but I want something that's mine!
Those mr. aquas look nice and have some interesting dimensions. I really love the longer tank.
Gonna post another pic of my current tank. Sometimes I don't even click the main post
I feel pretty confident now with the way the foreground / carpet plants have been micromanaged. They will now grow as very easily trimmable patches. I hope to achieve more texture and shape with even smaller rocks with moss coverings.
I've seen branches with moss so finely trimmed that it is growing like little hairs (java moss). I hope to one day achieve that level of uniformity and bushiness.
I guess I'm collecting a bunch of different mosses and ferns at this point
You suck l haven't even gotten my plants in yet and your rubbing the bolbitis in my face :P! l like the look tho you should test the tank out with a black background just to check out the look but don't get me wrong l like the no background look as well.
----gauny---- 48g rimless "passion"
"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" -pericles
I can definitely see some growth almost 3 weeks later. I can't wait to see the ferns entirely filling the top region. I don't know if I need to switch to pressurized. I think I will route 2 2-liters into a single gas-separation chamber and have it diffuse through a single powerhead (with attached reactor). I think with that setup I should have sufficient CO2. I've been playing around with the settings of diffusing DIY CO2, and found a powerhead is far superior to a simple stone. Though I think only one powerhead will be sufficient as long as there is an attached chamber to react the bubbles inside of.
I also began dosing with Brighty K (potassium) - This has proven to be a very positive ingredient in my tank and I will continue to dose this.