The Planted Tank Forum banner

30g Mr. Aqua

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Bainreese 
#1 ·
With the 105g on a good trajectory at the office, I've decided to bring a bit of green home with me.

Nitty Gritty.
30g Mr. Aqua Tank
ADA Aquasky 601 Light
Eheim Classic 250 Cannister
VIV Glass pipes
Up Aqua Mini Co2 system
6x ADA Amazonia Soil Medium
1x ADA Amazonia Soil Fine
ADA Unzan stone

The Hardscape is done.

I plan to go heaterless and choose shrimp and fish that can stand the temps. I will be planting primarily E. Hydropiper as the ground cover and will suppliment in the back with some AR and Pogostemon Sp.

I've already kinda regret the 30g Mr. Aqua. While I've always enjoyed the more square footprint tanks the scape I want for the room doesn't lend well to that footprint and the scape that would be good for it isn't the type I want for this room. So I decided to just scape it like I would if it didn't have the more square footprint.

See less See more
#4 ·
The room already has a great deal of plants. So the aquarium needed to highlight, not compete with that. So having an Iwagami where the stones were more the centerpieces makes it compliment the planting of the rest of the room. Had I heavily planted and scaped the square footprint with low foreground plants and larger background plants it would have competed too much.

#8 ·
Love the Hydropiper! I am currently trying to plant my foreground with it, however be happy you have not added fish, they continuously pull it out on me! I can tell it begins growing, but then it stops once they yank it out. What jerks! Anyway the tank looks great, good luck with it! Buces would look great attached to those rocks! I have a handfull of stems of Pogostemon stellatus "Narrow Leaf" I could send you. PM me if interested!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.