Edit: oops. apparently wrong thread. This should've gone in a different one... will update in a minute.
Update! It's been a looong time, but I've had some major algae issues with this tank. It was a tough battle, but the tank came out on top
I did a 3 day blackout, dosed excel and H202 like mad, and then stuffed it full of plants and stayed on top of water changes, CO2, and dosing ferts.
The trident fern has been there for over 6 months, and it made it through all that abuse. Looks pretty good now
Plans for the near future: get rid of the cabomba and a few other things and replace it with something low growing, like staurogyne 'porto velho'. I've always liked that plant. Or Hygrophila 'araguaia'. I've got a couple of stems of that on the right already. But the trident fern stays!
Here we go -- hope you like the update :-)