The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - AquariumNoob's New 75G Tank!!!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
AquariumNoob
Planted Tank Enthusiast

AquariumNoob's New 75G Tank!!!

Well, Figured now that i got the camera back, id post some pictures of my 75g! Its a pretty cheap 8MP Polaroid, and i dont know how to use the camera to get nicer pictures, but these were the best i could get (i took each picture like 5 times lol)..
My Equipment:
Perfecto(Marineland) 75g Tank With stand and canopy
Marineland Emperor 400 (yes its an HOB But the water is full so there isnt much agitation, just a lot of water flow on the top of the tank)
Eheim 2217
Random China brand 2x54w T5HO
Coralife digital thermo
10lb co2 tank
Concoa co2 regulator body with Yikejasons body kit (Fabco needle valve, Clippard solenoid). Put together using joint compound not teflon tape!
Aqueon 300 Watt Submersible Heater
-Will add more eventually as im sure i forgot something
Plants (a few have been removed since so some that are on the list may not be there anymore):
Myriophyllum Pinnatum
Lloydiella
Anacharis
Hygrophila Angustifolia
I had water wisteria but i got rid of it because it was too thick and spread out for my liking, and made my tank look like a freakin salad bowl lol.
Also got 1 Giant marimo, 2 Medium marimos, and 3 Small marimo's (not nano, small.. around 1.5"). The moss tree (trying it out- we'll see how it ends up) on the far right near the wall has Java moss on it. Of the 3 rocks, two had xmas moss and the 3rd had java (forgot which =/ gotta ID em again lol). The little bamboo structure on the right has Java moss on it. Putting some bamboo in there (got a bit more that i have yet to put together- gona have to order a bit more moss or wait maybe till the rest grows out and use what i take off =P) for my to-be shrimp to play with.. for now i got some snails in there that must have hitched a ride with some of the plants. hoping to get rid of em if i end up with snails). Id suggest everyone have marimo balls. Coolest things ever and so fun to pet! Fluffier than my dogs =P. I got the rocks on the left side from some guy on ebay.. 30$ for all of those rocks, shipped from some quarry in nevada. soaked em in hot water for a few hours to make sure there was nothing bad on/in em.. so far dont seem to be causing any trouble as far as i can tell. its great. Especially if you have shy fish and shrimp and stuff.. gives them places to sneak into.. its a pain in the butt to clean there though haha.
By the way, the co2 isnt set up in the tank yet.
Gravel: Petco brand rocks, a mix of pea and plain old gravel.. mainly pea on the right side, with the left side being the larger gravel (naturally, it got a bit mixed on the right.).
Ferts: Currently only rootmedic root tabs, waiting for some more root tabs and rootmedic's liquid ferts to arrive in the mail.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI0148.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	24580  

Name:	DSCI0150.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	24582