The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 100 gal Tank, Take 2
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Are these real?
PTrader: (182/100%)
Originally Posted by Ibn
Tank looks nice. That piece of wood looks very interesting. I might have to go trudging for some soon in the creek. What's that green stuff that appears to be growing on it (algae or lichen)? Might want to consider a low growing plant to cover some of that empty space up. It'll contrast nicely w/that piece of wood, and doesn't make the area so barren.

There's more space to display the tank and I've noticed that a lot of the red is gone. It actually makes the tank flow quite a bit better. Can't wait to see what it looks like when it fills in a bit more.
I had that driftwood for a year or so in my backyard pond. It's some green algae growth on it, but with all the hungry fishies in there it will be gone and clean in a few days...

Getting rid of the Lotus, losing the E. barthii, and combining all the A. reineckii helped quite a bit to reduce all the red spots, easier on the eye now.

I will let the Wisteria spread more into the "barren" area, other than that maybe a smaller crypt would fit the place... There isn't enough light for Glosso or Riccia, and other small groundcovers are being interpreted as food by those Festivums.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome