The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 55 Gallon Blyxa Japonica and drift wood build [now w/ discus!]
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
The_Finglonger
Algae Grower

55 Gallon Blyxa Japonica and drift wood build [now w/ discus!]

I'm planning a glosso and drift wood only planted tank. I will be looking to add a vine-like climber that wraps around my drift wood if such a thing exists.

I bought this setup a week ago...

Here's the tank filled up with water and filter sand as the substrate (planning to add discus when water is cycled in 4-5 weeks)

The bozo who I bought the setup from burned me by selling me a broken filter with the setup. I'm expecting my new filter to come in tomorrow. I ordered a H.O.T. Magnum Canister Filter - up to 55 Gallon and will replace the carbon with ceramic rings.

I will be adding a few tetras this weekend to start the cycle.

I ordered some glosso from Aquariumplants.com and here they are...

Here's the glosso in the water

Things are not coming together as planned but I guess I just gotta roll with it...

I ordered a fishneedit t5ho fixture and it was suppose to arrive today but it got damaged and got shipped back. Now I have to wait another week for the vendor to send me another one. Such a pain!

I also got some drift wood I picked up from a fellow planted tank user, tharsis.

Here's a pic of the drift wood pieces floating in my tank, I hope they sink soon!! Great pieces in there, I can't wait to plant them in the sand.

FTS of my setup so far.

Last edited by The_Finglonger; 09-17-2010 at 09:28 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome