The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - ADA 90-P 'Forest Edge'
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Dan the Man
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Very nice setup you got started. That stand really is sweet. If this is your first planted tank, you sure know how to start with a bang. Most of us start with a 10gallon and neon colored gravel. haha

What do you plan to do with your hardscape? From the sound of "Forest Edge" and the tanks you listed as inspiration, I would guess a driftwood setup.

PS- love the picture of all the guys standing around, drinkin beer and workin in the woodshop. Thats a manly picture if I've ever seen one.
Thanks Zeldar, since my wife and I made a commitment to stay debt free I've had to simply save and save and save, which has afforded me time to pour over various equipment reviews, articles, forums and journals until I saved up enough. It was quite an interesting evolution.

My goal with this tank is to compete. I have a concept I've drawn many times and it too has evolved. Here's an earlier drawing that I sent to Steve Lo of aquaforestaquarium.com to give him an idea of the stone sizes I wanted:

Quote:
PS- love the picture of all the guys standing around, drinkin beer and workin in the woodshop. Thats a manly picture if I've ever seen one.
Those guys helped me tons with the stand that took me like 40 hours of solid work over the course of 4 months.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome