The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 90cm Mr Aqua w/LEDs (now a Riparium) (5/19/12)
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
I see LEDs
90cm Mr Aqua w/LEDs (now a Riparium) (5/19/12)

Hi guys, started this tank few weeks ago. My girlfriend bought the tank for me for our 1 year anniversary and I set it up recently.

Here are the specs

Lighting: 3x39w catalina t5ho with moonlight LED

Filtration: Eheim 2213 and Eheim 2232

Glassware: 2x 13mm Aquatic Magic Lily pipes set

Heater: Hydor ETH 200w

co2: 5lb tank with azoo regulator

Ferts: EI dosing set on automatic using tom's aqua lifters

Flora: Staurogyne sp. 049g foreground, Blyxa Japonica midground (around wood), a buncha stem plants (sorry, I'm no good with names, I just know that there is ludwigia repens x arcuata and tonina belem)

Fauna: I am currently quarantining 40 cardinal tetras. In the tank right now I have: a lot of RCS, some otos, and a bushynose pleco

Anyways, on to some pics.

Empty tank

My dad and I built this stand using wood from an old cabinet

Finished stand, my 4 year old nephew used for size comparison

3 bags of 9L ADA aquasoil II

Tank mounted on stand with lights mounted. I plan to add a shelf or something on top of those brackets.

Shot of the final scape.

Since this pic has been taken, I've removed the moss from the wood, and the staurogyne has started to carpet very well.

Everything is growing nice and slow, just the way I like it. I like working on my tanks, but I hate trimming, just because I have no where to put the plants after a trim and I usually end up tossing them. With the lower amount of light on this tank, the plants grow at a decent rate, so I foresee I'll only have to trim maybe once every month or so.

On my 20 long, I had 96watts of t5ho, and I was trimming every week, it was annoying as heck.

Anyhow, tell me what you think! I'll be updating this as I go along, and look forward to reading your feedback.

Last edited by IWANNAGOFAST; 05-19-2012 at 08:59 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome