The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - New 55G Planted Tank, Wouldn't Mind Suggestions!
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
Originally Posted by soundgy View Post

The primary reason for the 30G barrel tied into the water loop is for fast water changes. I can close two valves on the inlet/outlet lines going to the barrel, flip a sump switch, and then water is evacuated from the barrel. I can then flip another switch and pump RODI clean water into the barrel. Add my ferts and traces. Then run the filter and heater for a bit. Once the water is prepared and ready, I can open the valves and turn on the high power pump again. This prevents any chemical/temperature changes during WC and makes a 30G WC done in less than 10 minutes. With my busy schedule, a complicated high tech system that makes changes quick and easy is a major relief.

Ok.. gotcha'. I must have misinterpreted what you were saying. I assumed you were more concerned with having more volume.

Actually pulling it all off is a cool idea. Nothing wrong with making water changes easier.

Interested in Science? Want to learn more about what's happening inside your aquarium? Join SEAR and get started. PM for more details!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome