The Planted Tank Forum banner

dry fert explanation

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Darkblade48 
#1 ·
so im running a 90g planted tank......
i have a aquaclear 70 and a sunsun 303b or something like that
i have a 3x54w t5ho catalina aquarium fixture
120 lbs of eco complete and maybe 30lbs of flourite mixed into that
i run my lights on a 8hr timer and run my pressurized co2 on a timer that starts one hr before and ends one hour before my lights. my co2 is running at maybe 2-3bps. i dont currently have a drop checker but am planning on buying one really soon. a friend off of another fish site sent me a sample of some dry ferts to try out on my tank.... he sent me a bottle of the micro macro mix from aquariumfertilizer.com.... i am planning on buying me a order of the micro macro mix and a order of potassium sulfate. will this be all i need or is there other dry ferts i should think about ordering????

and what all kind of test kits do i need i have the api master kit or whatever it is and a seachem iron test kit, what else should i pick up cause im really new to ferts and dont exactly understand what everything is yet

#3 ·
Please take a look at my guide to planted aquariums (linked in my signature).

It explains the necessary information regarding dry fertilizers, fertilization regimens, etc.

In terms of test kits, the API master test kit is a good start. You can get iron and phosphate if you are concerned; they are nice to have around, but not absolutely necessary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.