The Planted Tank Forum banner

EI and Dosing Calculators

9K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Vidikron 
#1 ·
Currently I'm using PPS but I am considering switching to EI. However, I'm totally lost. I've looked at a couple of different calculators and they spit out different amounts which makes no sense to me. One I've seen mentioned here a few times, Rotala Butterly, only seems to take into account one fert at a time which doesn't seem particuarly helpful if, like me, you aren't entirely sure how to balance multiple ferts together.

I'm wanting to use a solution for ease of use. Just seems easier to dump a set solution in each day rather than opening multiple containers and measuring fractions of teaspoons every day. But I am open to suggestions on this.

These are the ferts I have on hand along with 1 liter dosing bottles:
KH2PO4
KNO3
K2SO4
MgSO4
CSMB

So I was thinking about dosing 10-15 mL per day, but I just got lost on how much of which ones to use. As mentioned, Rotala only does one at a time. AquariumCalculators says to only use KNO3 and KH2PO4 along with the traces. So can someone point me in the right direction here?

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks for the input. This helps a lot. I do have one more question specifically about micros. Do you guys do the full EI dose for micros? I ran across another thread here where someone was saying they don't do full EI on micros. I guess because of the toxicity question?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.