The Planted Tank Forum banner

Confirmed Toxicity?

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  dzega 
#1 ·
Although my tank is thriving, I believe my L. Glandulosa is suffering from some type of trace/micro toxicity. Both lighting and Co2 are calibrated correctly (40ppm+). I've been dosing EI for a while now, and I notice that some of my plants (particularly these) aren't responding well to Micro days. For now, I've discontinued dosing micros in an attempt to restore healthier growth.

Before anyone says "it's a calcium deficiency", I will say that's definitely not the case. Our water supply has large amounts of calcium, plus there is calcium in the substrate via root tabs. Here's a coupe of pics. Advice/thoughts would be appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I think it's just a super difficult plant to get right. I do agree it's more sensitive to micros it seems. I've had 6 stems for about a year and they would go from nice not twisted growth to twisted in a week. I just swapped my substrate to K aquasoil in an attempt to try to get it together grow better. I suspected my 3 year old eco complete had too many root tabs under it causing the issue. Hoping to see good new growth in a couple of weeks of adjusting.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

#7 ·
few months.
i reduced from original EI because my AR mini got twisted bad at the time.
to be honest i dont blindly believe micros was to blame(i upped co2 and stopped using glut also back then), but since i havent noticed anything bad since i reduced them, i stay with reduced dose.

#8 ·
If the reduced dose is still working, no need to increase, so you're definitely right.

Do you have pictures? Just curious how yours looks now. I had the same issue with my AR mini and stopped dosing micros for like 3 weeks and they grew in amazing. I dose about 1/5th micros now, but my glandulosa still is twisted like OP's photo.

#12 ·
im quite confident it is. i keep photos of name badges after plant purchases.
might be the low light effect maybe. i will soon boost the light back to 100%. im still waiting for all plants to adapt after replanting before i do so (altho this particular plant adapted in no time and started to grow)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.