The Planted Tank Forum banner

Good Shws in the UK, are there any?

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Magnum26 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have recently returned to the hobby of fishkeeping, now that the kids are a little older and I find I have saved enough for a good tank and good fish.

I would like to ask if there are any large Fishkeeping events in the UK, similar to the ideal home show for example...but for fish.

I would also like some advice on a good UK Discus club I could join. I live in the north east of England (near Newcastle) so a local club would be even better.

Chris

#2 ·
The Festival of Fishkeeping is the biggest UK event held every year in Hayling Island, normally over the bank holiday weekend in October.

I went last year as Practical Fishkeeping magazine's "Ask the Expert" on high-tech planted tanks.

There were loads of great discus as well as other show fish i.e koi, bettas, goldfish, various tropicals.

Festival of Fishkeeping results | Practical Fishkeeping magazine

Not so good for plants though.

The UK Discus Association is good I believe. I may join myself soon as I'm setting up a 6x2x2'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.