The Planted Tank Forum banner

First Planted tank. Please judge

3K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  ichy 
#1 ·
So being my first planted tank I've made some mistakes and I'm just starting to get of my feet. I think it's looking good but I feel it missing something. All suggestions are helpful. What should I add, what should I remove and what should I move? The tank is a 56 gallon tall(allows me to have the 3 foot jungle val in it) and a little below neutral ph. The plants in it are jungle val, green myrio, red myrio, Anubis afrezeli, and narrow leaf Java fern. Plant Vertebrate Water Nature Botany

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
IMHO, I would first and foremost get the water level at least flush with the trim, also there are smaller thermometers available and you could place it somewhere else other than right in front blocking aquascape/swimming area

these small details would already be a major upgrade IMHO on the look of the tank.

Now if you dont mind spending abit of money you could setup a canister filter with an inline heater for a more natural look because having a heater inside a tank with a cord going out the rim isnt the sexiest thing and doesnt look natural with the aquascape. ALso you could ditch the hang on backs and remove the background to have a clear cordless/boxless back glass.

Keep in mind this is all subjective

#5 ·
Hoping to see progress with this and more answers! I'll be making my first one here in a couple weeks. Got equipment on the way. The canister I was recommended for my 20 gallon long was the Eheim 2215. Was told its better to filter more than you need for the most part. The reviews are also good on Eheim canister filters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.