The Planted Tank Forum banner

Light Suggestions For 3 Gallon Low Tech

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Homer_Simpson 
#1 ·
Hi, I am in the process of setting up a low tech 3 gallon with Dwarf Sag, java moss, java fern(s), Cyrptocorne, anubias, and perhaps Hygrophilia Polysperma, depending on how much space I have to play with.

I have a choice between a 15 Watt daylight 6500K and a 10 Watt coralife colormax full spectrum and wonder which would best for this kind of set up.

Any suggestions/advice/recommendations welcome.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Hi Homer_Simpson,

Since it's low-tech it doesn't matter too much.

All your plants should do fine with 10-15 watt. I like the 10 Watt coralife colormax full spectrum better, since it's more specifically designed for plant aquariums. But if that doesn't work, switching bulbs is not big deal.

Try it out for yourself.

#4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys :) I went with the 10 Watt Coralife colormax. I also had a 10 watt and 20 watt 6500 K daylight pc fluorescent bulbs from Wal-Mart lying around that I could have used but decided not to. I know other people find that they get good plant growth with the 6500K daylight power compact fluorescents, I found that I just did not have the same type of luck when I tried these in other nano tanks I setup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.