I have completed the construction of 44g aquarium and the silicone is getting cured currently.
It is probably the right time to plan for what should go into the tank next week.
1. Substrate : I checked with the local shop, they have some kind of inexpensive black colored 2-3mm gravel (i think it is inert?) made in china. 20lbs for approx $10. Is it okay to use it?
2. fertilizer : I have a pack of Seachem root tabs, can i add them under the gravel now or crush a couple of them and add it as a layer below gravel?
3. DIY Pvc Overflow + DIY Wet/Dry filter with bioballs in 10g sump.
4. Return pump from sump @ 200 gallons per hour.
5. Lot of low-light, easy-to-maintain plants.
I would like this tank to be low-tech, low maintenance tank.
(I guess the above setup doesnt seem to be 100% low tech, but definitely non-co2 to begin with)
Please advice. Thanks in advance.