New low tech planted tank questions!
I am planning on starting a 20 gallon long aquarium that would look like this:
- 1 Honey gourami
- 6 Harlequin Rasboras
- 6 Panda cory catfish
• Aquaclear 50 filter (200 gph)
• Ecocomplete substrate
• Plants: wisteria, water sprite, java moss, java fern, amazon sword, anubias, crypts
1. how should my cleaning schedule look? I have heard people say that you do not want to do water changes, but just top it off to prevent spikes in CO2. I also heard that some people hover over the substrate with the vac and some just mix it once in a while. Any recommendations?
2. Do I need to add fertilizer to start or periodically?
3. What order should I put the fish in after I perform a fishless cycle?