New Nano Tank - Lighting question - The Planted Tank Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
PTrader: (0/0%)
New Nano Tank - Lighting question

Edited Post
I have changed plans. I have a 30 gallon 36 x 12 x 16 deep tank I am going to use. I have about 4 inches of ecocomplete and a fine gravel cap. I will does ferts weekly. I have an extra 48 inch T5NO coral life dual aqualight that I was thinking of using? It is a little long, which I don't mind and 56 watts. Of which about 1/4th would be outside the tank, so about 36 watts approximately. Does anyone think this would work for a low light, non-CO2 tank. If not, any specific lighting ideas for this tank?

Original Post
I am planning on using an Innovative Marine Nano 16 tank for a low tech planted nano tank. This will be my first low tech set up. I am used to high tech set up with CO2, lots of light and ferts. I have some scarlet badis, CPDs, rasboras, pygmy cory and shrimp that I wanted to set up in this tank. I am using eco-complete substrate and already have the plants.

The tank can be purchased with 10K LED lights that have good par and tank coverage, or without. Since I have always used 6.5K I am not sure if the 10K will work in a low tech tank, or if I should consider buying the tank sans lights and getting a different light. I see some people on the forum have had some luck using this light. I am not expecting fast growth in a low tech tank, but I do want the plants to be happy.

Any suggestions on the lighting would be appreciated.

Last edited by nelson23; 03-05-2013 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Change of plans

low tech lightning, nuvo nano 16, skkye light

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode