Hi! After finally stabilizing and fully "getting the hang of" my 10g tank, I need another one!
Unfortunately I am young, busy, and have more important things to spend money on than fishies.
I was thinking about doing a Walstad-type-ish 1g bowl on my studio worktable, where I have an Ottlite work lamp - 18w bulb of some kind that is supposed to mimic natural sunlight. My house is completely shaded and has no sunny windows. I have lots of left over eco-complete and plenty of low-light plants I could transplant. I would only want one or two little fish. I've been reading through this forum for awhile, but I'm still a little concerned about a few things
1. No water changes? Really? I would feel so guilty...
2. Can it really cycle in a day or two? Why so much less time than my regular planted tank?
3. Isn't water movement necessary?
4. What could I stock other than betas? Shrimp, maybe?
5. Could anything breed in it?
6. Anyone have experience with this kind of lighting?
Thanks for putting up with me!