The Planted Tank Forum banner

My 1st planted tank before and after pics

4K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  StraightAddicted 
#1 ·
My tank isnt an amazing, immaculately scaped planted tank but it's my first and Im pretty in love with it. I first set it up near the end of july, went through a bit of a catastrophe at the end of august (tank cracked, fish died, plants died) but for the last month things have been going well. It is a dirted tank, I dose ferts once a week, no CO2, use root tabs for my root feeders. In the tank are RCS, a giant betta, kuhli loaches, MTS and pond snails.

First setup:

Setup after the catastrophe:

Now:

pics arent the best but you can definately see the improvements and plant growth!

And just for fun my betta fish

See less See more
#15 ·
I swear bettas are genetically related to cats; whatever you *want* them to do or not do, they'll do the opposite on principle.

Dumped a bunch of juvie cherry culls in my betta tank figuring they'd make a good snack for him. Nope, they're breeding away while he's getting chased around the tank by a trio of bloody black bar endler males. He's such a pansy. But a beautiful one. :)

#16 ·
Hahaha.....black bars are RUTHLESS! They try to do the McNasty with anything and everything. I have one in my 29 while he awaits his turn in my endler tank, and he won't stop with the female platy. Nuts....

Starrlamia.....awesome tank! Definitely an inspiration!

#20 ·
Ha ha he doesn't get much flake so is pretty buff, I bought him as a runt with chewed fins and looking ragged, and he is now a jewel of the tank! Big tank tho so he has his work cut out finding the shrimp .... Liking the pics as the tank settles, my favorite bit seeing everything come clear, slowly:)

#21 ·
Cool scape. What really makes it cool is the fact that it appears to be sitting on a desk or table. If so I would imagine that would be the way to sit comfortably close and see everything. I like to see how people make use of their space and make aquariums fit in. I constantly brain storm trying to find space to set up another tank. Now i'm wondering if i really need a monitor......

#22 ·
Thanks lol it is on my dining room table, unfortunately my bf has stipulated that I can only have what fits on it while still being able to eat at it. So naturally it also has a 10g. I would love to find more space for tanks but there really isn't much.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.