The Planted Tank Forum banner

15 Gallon tank Filter

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Orient_PCT 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have a similar thread running to guide me with planted tank. However, was looking for options on-line regarding filters for my 15G tank.

I noted that Aquaclear is quite a favorite among users here. I feel canisters are more expensive. Was planning to buy Aquaclear 20, but, the warranty has no validity in India. :frown2:Could anyone guide me regarding other options [HOB].
Also, HOB filters from SunSun, Boyu are available at 1/3rd price of Aquaclear. As warranty is not covered with Aquaclear in India. Would you recommend buying other brands??

#3 ·
If you're willing to have maybe a minor eye sore sponge filters are great. They're super cheap and easy and effective just will have a large black or grey sponge on a tube with bubbles and maybe a plastic lift pipe. It's easy to hide with plants, another more diy option could be a corner matte kind of filter that runs on a simple pump which also is super cheap to do.

#4 ·
I'm currently using a Aquaclear 30 on my 20L and have had it for about a month now still cycling my tank. I like the filter because I can change the media to whatever I want. I just purchased 6 empty filter bags and I fill the up with Fluval peat, Fluval Biomax or what ever. It's almost like using a canister from that perspective but it's much cheaper to both buy and maintain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.