The Planted Tank Forum banner

recommendation for 90G

662 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jeffkrol 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Power supplies burned out in both my Finnex FugeRay Planted+ 48" Lights and will cost 35 ea. to replace!

I've only had the lights for 16 months so I am quite bummed.

Does anyone know if this is typical or did I maybe get a bad set?

Can anyone recommend some lights that will give out somewhere around the same amount of light but hopefully a better build?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
If I had two of them go bad on me, nothing could convince me to replace them with something from the same manufacturer.

You can get better quality LED fixtures, but it comes down to how much do you want to spend?

A couple that come to mind are the Kessil A360WE Tuna Sun and the Eco Tech Radion XR15 Freshwater. You'd likely need 2 or 3 of them to cover your tank. Both of these are pendants rather than strip lighting. Yes, they will cost you a lot more than the FugeRays.

That being said, there are other less expensive LED options out there, including DIY ones. The examples I gave you are considered high end lighting and more costly.

In my opinion, you get what you pay for. I don't think your going to get a lot more quality without spending a lot more money.

#3 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.