The Planted Tank Forum banner

Build My LED Reliablity

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  alphabeta 
#1 ·
I was thinking of purchasing about 4 of these fixtures, but I am concerned about the reliability of this company from at least three related perspectives.

One There seems to be alot of reports of these lights crapping out.
Two There seems to be numerous reports of difficulty in reaching these people.
Three it seems to take a great deal of time to actually get these fixtures once they have your money.

Thanks Bob

#4 ·
I have used 4 of their lights for two years. Never had an issue. Whenever I had a question I would just call them during business hours and never had an issue reaching anyone. I think I did email them once or twice and found it faster to call.

Regarding delivery, it did take me about a month to get my lights. I believe a component was on back order. I received a message from one of the owners before processing my order to explain this and said it would take about 4 weeks to get my light.

#6 ·
I ordered (2) about a month or two ago. I have another one its way and should arrive tomorrow. I plan to take advantage of their Black Friday sale and get another. They have the best warranty for LED bare none in the business and have the most custom options available imo. I have yet to see anyone complain about them. Only their price. You get what you pay for around these parts. They are a small shop in Austin, Tx with at least (3) employees that I am aware of. They hand build these lights per order. Reading around on the net you will notice that it can take some time to get your light so that is a given and shouldn't be held against them.

#8 ·
i just recently purchased my first BML, and it took about 2 weeks. I've read nothing but good reviews in regard to their customer service, depth of knowledge, etc.

They offer a 3 year warranty on their LEDs, which is much longer than any other company I've seen, and most have been lowering their warranty terms recently. I'd say that makes it an easier and safer choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.