Zoo med aquasun - The Planted Tank Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
 
JwDiedrich16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: IL
Posts: 123
Zoo med aquasun

I NEED some new lights for a 55 gallon
I was thinking Zoo MED
either
aquasun t5ho
or aquasun LED HO
in not sure i planning on doing co2 and i need to know whick is better
JwDiedrich16 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 12:02 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Veritas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by JwDiedrich16 View Post
I NEED some new lights for a 55 gallon
I was thinking Zoo MED
either
aquasun t5ho
or aquasun LED HO
in not sure i planning on doing co2 and i need to know whick is better
honestly, neither. I had an Aquasun T5ho, and the reflector is junk. I haven't seen the LEDho, but based on my experience with the T5 units, I wouldn't waste my money on it. Go with Finnex, Build My LED or Current USA

120g Nano Paradise
- Glowlight Danios, Ember Tetras, Scarlet Badis, RCS,
Assassin Snails, Neirite Snails, Black Molly, Dwarf Gourami

coming soon: CPDs, Dwarf Emerald Rasboras

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...881&highlight=
Veritas is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
 
JwDiedrich16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: IL
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
honestly, neither. I had an Aquasun T5ho, and the reflector is junk. I haven't seen the LEDho, but based on my experience with the T5 units, I wouldn't waste my money on it. Go with Finnex, Build My LED or Current USA
thanks for the help
JwDiedrich16 is offline  
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 12:18 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
foster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gladwin Michigan
Posts: 805
Check out CatalinaAquarium for lights. They will build whatever you want. I just had 2 36" HO lights built by them, and I am fairly impressed with them.
foster is online now  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
 
JwDiedrich16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: IL
Posts: 123
so ifi want them to build me somthing the might do it
JwDiedrich16 is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 01:19 AM
Planted Tank Guru
 
Noahma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Thornton, Colorado
Posts: 4,218
I am currently using the aqua sun. Like others have said the reflectors are not the greatest, but I am able to grow any plant I want in my 40b with little issues. The light is suspended 5" above the tanks rim.
Noahma is online now  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 01:27 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
 
JwDiedrich16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: IL
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
I am currently using the aqua sun. Like others have said the reflectors are not the greatest, but I am able to grow any plant I want in my 40b with little issues. The light is suspended 5" above the tanks rim.
Cool good to know
JwDiedrich16 is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 02:39 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
foster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gladwin Michigan
Posts: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by JwDiedrich16 View Post
so ifi want them to build me somthing the might do it
They will build any light you want.
foster is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome