The Planted Tank Forum banner

LumenBlaster LEDs

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ruuuey 
#1 ·
Anyone know anything about the LumenBlaster LED lights. They are sold at aquariumplants. They say they are made to order and claim they are the "worlds most accurate LED for freshwater planted aquariums." They told me these lights have colors missing in lights like the TruLumen Pros. They post the specs on their website. I did a Google search but didn't find anything. I don't know enough about lighting to evaluate their claim. Has anyone tried/seen these lights?

#2 ·
They might work. I feel the K temp 12000 + is much to high and the CRI of 86 is to low. When you can design an led light at Build My Led using more colors of leds [ 15 I think] to achieve a CRI of 98 at a K Temp 5500-5900 K [ tropical in nature]. You'll be able to create a whiter light. Play around with the app there. Check this thread out. http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=198196

#6 · (Edited)
Steve001--I looked at the thread you noted and see that you put together an array of lights that allowed you to achieve a very high CRI. How much do the particular colors of the lights matter? For example, you don't have a far red light in your array. How do you know which of the colors the plants most utilize? My question is whether CRI is the bottom line, and how much does your choice of colors matter?

#4 ·
I'M using them now on my new 100G, see whats happens, so far after the first week, the plants are growing great ....but having a hair algae issue, but that's from the plants i got from the LFS .

#5 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.