So I might have a problem with lighting.
I have a Catalina 1-bulb 24W sitting right on top of my tank. Now, the strange thing is that there are many signs that my light is strong as well as sings that my light is week.
1. BBA blooming. It's really taking over my driftwood and some anubias, and it's even starting to attack some of my java fern. The wierdest thing is that my treatment of Algeafix has barely put a dent in it. My CO2 is also as high as it can go without bothering the fish.
2. Most plants are growing very well.
1. New brown hygro and Ludwigia atlantis growth is coming in green (new plant to me).
2. All my blyxa is light green, not very golden like many say it should be.
3. My glosso only grows up, even with repeated trimmings.
4. The HC I planted has had a lot of difficulty.
Can someone please help me crack my mystery of the illogical light? Maybe I can borrow a PAR meter?
EDIT: I just realize I unintentionaly echoed my title of Jake's "I might have a 20 Long problem" tank thread, LOL!
My Golden Rule of planted tanks: WWTAD-
"What would Takashi Amano do?"
RAOK Club #69
Last edited by ThatGuyWithTheFish; 02-11-2013 at 12:50 AM.