The Planted Tank Forum banner

Odyssea lights review?

8K views 54 replies 32 participants last post by  labgeek 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anybody has first hand experience with these. 48" 2x54watt t5ho for 65 shipped...lowest price I can find for a t5ho fixture.

#2 ·
I have the 48 inch quad T-5HO from them and it seems quite perfect for my 75 gallon with pressure CO2 and ferts. Some say that the reflectors are really poor, but it is almost a mirror image reflection. The only problem is that each bulb does not have individual reflectors which does reduce light output. As far as quality, mine gets a little warm on top but nothing serious. Like I can place my hand on it long term. It doesn't come with suspending capabilities unless you rigged something yourself, which is certainly possible.

#4 ·
I have had their quad 48" T5HO for 6 months now. Got it for <$100 shipped from aquatraders.com Their twin light 48" T5HO is cheaper than the price you quoted above with free shipping from the same site.

#13 ·
I use 2 36" guad bulbs fixtures.with moon lights led. I like the light esp the price. I run 2 39w bulbs on in both fixtures in my 125g during the day via timer. The other 4 bulbs is hooked up to my wireless switch.They hAve 3 switches. 2pr bulbs per switch and 1 for leds.

I like the lights but.admit bulbs arent that great.

#19 ·
I just bought this fixture about 3 weeks ago..(The 2x24W 24")Ive been extremely happy with it, i've opened it and the only negatives are the stock bulbs(free but still crappy) and the reflector is a group reflector rather then individual..Im running on a 20L so the reflectors dont really make a difference. I've just ordered 2 new bulbs and with that everything should be perfect. 40 Shipped cant be beat and even though it says it can extend max to 30" my legs extend well past the edges of my tank..

I say go for it

#26 ·
How much ios this fixture?

I would urge you to check out catalinaaquariums.com and see how much their comparative light cost. I have two of their fixtures and they have been running bulletproof for a few years with not even a single hiccup.
The Odyssea's are roughly half to 1/4 of the price of Catalina's, the 2bulb odyssea is around $50 shipped(Catalina is $100 to start not including Moonlights, remote control and legs which can be ordered at an additional charge), and the 4bulb odyssea is around $80 shipped or $225 from Catalina.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.