The Planted Tank Forum banner

Beamswork Led or FinnexFugeray Planted+ Cliplight

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  herns 
#1 ·
I'm thinking one of those two lights. I don't have a very high budget. I also am not looking for anything fancy just something that will work. I've got a 10 gallon tank and would like to have a dwarf hairgrass carpet(is that even possible to do low-tech? Some websites say its an easy plant and others say its hard) and a java moss wall. Also will probably put some random low light plants in when I get the urge for new plants :p I don't know if I need co2 or not but I would go with a diy citric acid setup if I do.

Will either of these lights work, what do you guys recommend? Or do any of you have another light in that price range- 30-45 dolllars-??

#2 ·
I'm thinking one of those two lights. I don't have a very high budget. I also am not looking for anything fancy just something that will work. I've got a 10 gallon tank and would like to have a dwarf hairgrass carpet(is that even possible to do low-tech? Some websites say its an easy plant and others say its hard) and a java moss wall. Also will probably put some random low light plants in when I get the urge for new plants :p I don't know if I need co2 or not but I would go with a diy citric acid setup if I do.

Will either of these lights work, what do you guys recommend? Or do any of you have another light in that price range- 30-45 dolllars-??

I have beamswork for my 20g and MAN IS IT BRIGHT! It will definitely do dhg with the right nutrients and co2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Right now i am looking to get one of these Micmol Aqua Air 20W http://mic-mol.com/g1aquaair.html
60$ so above your price range but you get more for the money. The light has a nice design and comes with a nice controller so you can simulate sunrise/sunset or thunder clouds if you like such a feature. You can controll 2 channels separately. I don't know how bright it is but on their website says it is a medium light fixture.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I got an "Aquaneat" knock-off of the Finnex 24/7 from eBay for $30 for my 10 gallon. Its 24-7 cycle isn't as good as the real thing - most of the day it just looks white - but it seems bright enough to grow a hairgrass carpet to me. My grass has only been lit up for a few days so I can't tell you the results yet, but it sure looks bright!

#9 ·
You can probably get more light for $ with beamswork. Not that more light is always the answer.
I have a FinnexFugeray Planted+ Cliplight on a 5.5. I wouldn't think the coverage would be that great in a 10g.

Regarding the DIY CO2, have you seen these kits? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008CUZJF6/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I tried for a while but when I moved all my stuff to a 20g I went pressurized. It's a little finicky but I wouldn't hesitate to use it again on a small tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.