The Planted Tank Forum banner

Beamswork Risers

8K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  milesm 
#1 ·
I have a 30" Beamswork DA 6500K 0.50W Series LED Pent over a low tech 20L rimmed tank which I need to raise. I've looked at Finnex and Lightmaxx risers but uncertain if they will work with Beamswork. I need to raise it 4" - 6". Light is currently 12" from substrate when setting on its legs on top of glass top. I figure I could go another 6". PAR is way to high for no CO2. I've order a pair of 4" by 5" by 1/2" acrylic blocks that I think I can make work but looking for better suggestions. If anyone has found risers for Beamswork please let me know. Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
"I have the same light for my 20 high and the light is definitely too bright for low tech setups."

You got that right. Love the light but had just bought the 20L, and ordered the light forgetting how shallow a 20L was. Didn't find a PAR chart for it till after I purchased it. I'm only running it 6 hours per day, still cycling tank although I do have plants in it, but already have algae problem.

#6 ·
Nlewis & jeffkrol, Great idea. Don't know why, other than I'm old and senile, but wasn't even thinking in that direction. I'm already pricing and will order before bedtime. Thanks. That is why I love this site so much. I won't hack it though, another area I'm weak in, I'll probably just buy a premade but thanks for your idea.

#7 ·
#9 ·
Hummm.. nobody has asked that before.. Usually most would just put the power supply on a timer..
Can't see why it wouldn't work but your ps is always "idling" when off..and the dimmer will still be "switching"..

Reactions: Leeatl
#10 ·
I ordered a Truelumen Inline Dimmer off of [Ebay Link Removed] They run from $15 to $20 including shipping depending on which dealer you get them from. I found a post stating it would run on a Beamswork. I also have the timer function on my Beamswork so I'll post back and see if they are fully compatible.

#15 ·
It works!!! The dimmer I purchased was the Truelumen inline dimmer model #1672. The housing on the input barrel was a little tight but both ends plug right into the barrels on the cord between the transformer and the light. The timer not only also works but it even kept my original settings. Now this is only a 60 watt dimmer so if you have more than 120 lights, I have 80 on my 30", you may have to get a different model. Only takes 2-3 minutes to set it up. I'm running it for 10 hours at about 1/2 strength.

#16 ·
Update, I have noticed that if I turn the dimmer to low that the timer clock will start blinking. This does not actually seem to effect the timer as the lights still go
on and off according to the setting. By turning the dimmer up ever so slightly the timer clock will resort to it's normal state. The dimmer has to be set alful low to get this to occur.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.