125 Gallon Lighting Question - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

125 Gallon Lighting Question

Good afternoon all,

I just took ownership of a 125 gallon (72" x 18" x 24") aquarium that I hope to have set up in the next 3 weeks. I picked up a pair of FX4's for filtration and have all of my heating and pressurized CO2 equipment all ready to go. I have been trying to decide on lighting and this is where I'm overwhelmed a bit. On my 55 gallon I run a dual t5ho setup and it grows everything that I have in there very well (swords, crypts, wisteria, Java Fern). I was contemplating just going to that same type of light for this tank but was drawn in by the Planted Plus 24/7 by Finnex. Would a pair of them give me enough light for this setup? I'd be using 2 x the 36" version.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 04:35 AM
Wannabe Guru

I think you'd have a decent light, but since your tank is 18 inches wide, you might find that you get a dim area at the top along the front and back. I use similar lighting on my 90 planted tank, and found I wasn't happy until I added a second fixture.

You could try 2 to start with, and if you don't like the coverage, you could add an additional 2 later.

This is something your going to deal with any led strip lighting, It's not unique to the Finnex Planted Plus 24/7.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode