The Planted Tank Forum banner

Mixing Finnex lights?

764 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  jeffkrol 
#1 ·
Anybody currently mixing different models of Finnex lights? I am thinking about using a Ray2 in the front for carpeting plants and a Planted+ 24/7 behind it to provide more than the white lights which can looked washed out. These will go on a 60 gallon 36X19X18 with a carpet and a mixture of medium-high light plants. I think two Planted+ will not be enough light while two Ray2s will be too much white light. I will be using CO2. Any suggestions? I have been researching this for a while and want to get it right before placing the order :-(

#2 ·
I think that 2 planted + 24/7 will be enough light, the reason I would use 2 lights is because of the fact that the PAR drops off a ton the farther you get from the middle. I think a Ray2 and a planted + is a good combination, you just may have issues with algae if you run them too much.

#3 ·
Thanks for the response. I figured I would go with two of something due to the depth of the tank...just didn't know if two planted+ 24/7 lights would be enough to grow anything I wanted to grow (could I grow high light plants such as carpets with two planted+ 24/7s?). I wouldn't run the Ray2 all the time...probably just during the "high light" cycle on the 24/7. I would have it come on and off with a timer from 12-3 to start.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.