The Planted Tank Forum banner

How to adjust light

587 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  pinkkiwi1230 
#1 ·
I recently bought the finnex + 24/7. Then I bought some plants. One of the plants, the leaves are growing close together. I know I have too much of something. I have been keeping it on max, and blue at night. But the past 2 days I put it in 24 hour mode cause of the way my plant is growing. Is it blue or red causing them to grow like this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
How long have the plants been in your tank? All new plants go through some sort of transition when put in any aquarium whether it be drastic or unnoticeable. It looks like some sort of Alternanthera species being that's it's dominately red/pink under the leaves and it is just transitioning to your tank and its conditions. I'd trim the big leaves off, they are just dying anyways and keeping that energy away from new growth that would benefit from it, and let it go for a week or so and see how it grows from here.

And no, the red and blue barely produce enough par to keep even the lowest of low- light plants alive (besides algae) so it really should have no bad effects on growth.

If you find you have too much light, just dim the MAX settings down accordingly (color and intensity) with the remote. You can not dim 24/7 mode.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.