The Planted Tank Forum banner

VivaGrow DN RGB LED 24/7

19K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  Kampo 
#1 ·
Someone needs to get this light and review it! I may get it at some point but have no tech knowledge or led experience, other than one Beamswork fixture, to post a comprehensive review.

Would love to see the Par ratings or a comparison with a Finnex 24/7 Planted Plus.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I recently got one, but i am no expert! I am running it on 24/7 mode with some recently planted juvenile plants. Ive only had it for about a week, so I dont have much to report yet. Everything looks 100% identical to the finnex, except it says vivagrow. The instructions are even the same...

#4 ·
There is a thread going on over at my dart frog forum also on this light. One member has it and the same finnex 24x7. He basically says it seems like the same exact light, with the finnex possibly being a bit brighter, but if it is, it's not much.

Cross linking forums here for anyone who wants to see. Forums are ran by the same admins I am told so there shouldn't be any issue.

Vivagrow led 24/7 finnex knock offs - Dendroboard

#14 ·
another light to look into is the aquaneat 24/7 light buddy of mine in my club has it. on paper brighter than the vivagrow. but I don't have a par meter to check, but his 40 breeder with it is growing in very nicely.

personally if you want 24/7 type effects I don't recomend the light though if you have even the slightest bit of DIY ability and comfortable with a bit of computer work. a Beamswork DHL light or Fspec light matched with a TC420 controller is so much more flexable. your not constrained by pre programed sunset sunrise times and brightness. heck ad a supplimental RGB strip and you can program your own color effects since the TC420 is 5 channel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.